20110724

It's been a while.

I've been in the Navy now for about five months.  
I graduated from RTC, on 22APR2011, and made my way down to Corps school in San Antonio Texas.
I've been here for about 3 and a half months, and although it's hot and disgusting here, sometimes I'm having the time of my life.  I told my friend in a total of six months starting from the day i left for RTC, to august 23rd I would've gone to a total of four states. 
So let me just tell you a little about Corps School. 
  • It's not easy, some people understand it easily while others have to lock themselves in their closets, study for hours on end just to understand it.  But in the end the people who do the most, get more out of it.
  • You can either make enemies here, or you can make friends you know you'll have for the rest of your life.  Try not to make the enemies.
  • Always have something sweet on you, it'll keep you up during the death by powerpoint slides.
  • Save up to buy coffee for the class, you'll need it. 
  • Make sure you don't take yourself, your class, or your leadership for granted.  When you do you'll realize you're not any better then you were five months ago when you were in Bootcamp.  Things haven't changed that much.
  • You still march everywhere you go, except this time you're not as close, and this time the cadences are alot funner:)
  • There's still drama, it's up to you if you want to be in it or out of it.
  • don't spend all your money, you say you won't but trust me you will.
  • Try your hardest to keep what you have because you never know when it'll be gone.  You can get kicked out in an instant, the Navy doesn't have a problem sending you undesignated. 
Where am I headed to next?
I'm going to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.  I'm working at the Naval hospital there, and maybe I can get my lazy ass up and start excercising so that way when I'm done with my duty I can volunteer to go to FMTB.  Apparently if you work in the hospital or somewhere for a period of time like six months and above you can volunteer to go to Iraq and Afghanistan, I think I might just do that.  You never know maybe I can save a life or something.

What's happened since I've been gone?
  • Thing 1 and thing 2 have grown up without me:( geez I still remember when Thing 1 turned one, now she's 11 and thing 2 is two today!
  • A friend from elementary school passed away sometime last week.  He was fighting the war in afghanistan stepped on an IED, lost his legs.  He died in the hospital.
  • I thank Julien everyday for helping me make this decision, it's because of him that I'm a corpsman.
  • I've made friends that I will never forget, and I've got memories that will never fade away:)
  • Some times days just blend in with days, but it's days where I'm with my best friends that I remember everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment