20101006

Issues of the day.

Once again, there's no motivation to get things done.  I have 4 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days left till boot camp. And honestly adding the months and weeks in there is a lot better then just counting the days.  The Days just make the time go by slower.  Right now it's right around the corner.

In the past week I've had love problems, I've had so much fun!  I've had drama within my family but we won't be getting into that.  

Boot Camp is seriously right around the corner, and I'm not ready.  I mean I'm excited and I can't wait, but I need to get physically prepared for this, and physically prepared for the Career that I've chosen.

Onto this weeks issues:(

First off the Westboro baptist church that pickets outside of military funerals.  They hold signs outside of these dead soldiers saying that God is killing them because of the homosexuals, because we as America allow homosexuals into our country.  First of all we don't allow anything, they are the way they are.  They are what they need to be to be themselves, that is the life they want to live and we can't tell them anydifferent.  the wear shirts that say "GOD HATES FAGS!" and carry signs that say "THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS", or "THANK GOD FOR 9/11."  The pastor of the Westboro baptist church even goes as far as saying that he HATES JEWS, and that the Holocaust was a word starting with an M(I forgot what it was).

They are right however, due to the first Amendment based on freedom of speech, among many other freedoms they have a right to do this.  But there is a time and a place.  You can't stalk every military burial.  You can't hold signs forever.  In my opinion this is a form of harrassment.  


But out of something ugly always comes something good.


The second issue today is of Teen Suicide

Yes I said it Suicide.  Many teens are bullied whether or not it's at school, work, or the computer.  
Some people just can't take it anymore, they feel like no one can help them, no one can do anything.  I know because at one time I was bullied as well.  I remember only having one friend through fifth and sixth grade.  I remember a girl telling me how much she'd like to hit me because I was white using messages on myspace.  I remember a friend of mine telling me how ugly I was and that I had yellow teeth because I smoked and everyday he'd ask how the weed was, and that I was gay because I haven't had my first kiss yet.  And this was all before I reached the age of 14.  

My little cousin goes through it now.  Her friends tell her that Hawaiians are dumb, that she's fat.  And she believes it. 

 I have to repeatedly tell her that it's not true.  I have to tell her that it doesn't matter what people believe because we know what we are.  We know that we are important, we know that Hawaiians aren't stupid.  I mean how could we be?  We have our own dance, we have our own language although most is forgotten now.  We have had our own Gods, we have our own legends.  How can we be stupid?


I have to tell her that she is beautiful, that she isn't fat.   


We have to stop this now!  We can't allow it to stay, to haunt our children, and our childrens' children.  

You know everyday the political commercials come on and I see them probably 10-15 times a day.  And all that is bullying.  We tell our kids not to do it and they turn on the TV and they see that.  Why not instead of saying all the bad be like he/she has done a good job so far, but what I can offer is better.  In order to stop the future generation from bullying, this generation needs to stop.

Thanks for reading :) I think that this is a good way to the day and it gets the creative/debative forces going.  I'd love to know your opinions on both Protesting at Military funerals, and bullying.  Please feel free to drop an email.  I'll have more issues within the next couple of weeks to share.

Thanks again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment