20101112

3 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days...

Then my new life begins.

It's as simple as that really.  In 3 Months, 1 Week, and 4 Days, I'll find out whether or not I'm strong enough to be a United States Sailor.  I'll find out if I have what it takes to be apart of the greatest Navy in all of the world.  I'll find out if I can wear that Uniform so many of my family have worn, whether or not it was for the U.S Marines (my father, and cousin Greg), The U.S Army (Grandpa Urb on Dads side, and cousin Brandon), U.S Air Force (Grandpa on moms side, and Uncle Jesse.) And I think I have friends and family in the Navy as well.

In 3 months, 1 week, and 4 days, I'll start a new chapter of my life.  A chapter where I can begin finding myself, and who I want to be.  A chapter in which I can find out if this is what I want for me.  If it is I'll enlist again, if it isn't then I tried and that's what it's all about.  I'll start a new chapter where I am Me and my country are my number 1 Priority.  I'll start a new chapter, the main chapter in my life.  The chapter where it's just me and although my family plays an important roll in my life, they'll be my background characters.  They'll be there supporting me, but this time it's just me.  Maybe that sounds conceded but for my entire life It's always been the four of us recently(such as last year) we've added on my favorite baby cousin Thing 2.  But for my summer, and my fall my life has been revolved around these 5 people. And now it also revolves around my boy friend.

He says he wants it all.  he wants to marry me, he wants to grow old with me.  But I'm not ready to sign my life away to that institution.  I have to admit that I'm scared.  I'm scared and that's not an easy thing for me to say.  It's easy to dream about being together but I just turned 19! I can't even drink legally.  Some people you know can do it just fine! And I'm not saying they can't.  I'm saying I want to live my life first.  I want to go out with the girls on the weekends and be able to drink and have fun with the occasional flirt and not worry what's my husband going to think about this?  I know I'll have to tell him this, but I can't tell him yet.  I can't bring myself too.  Before we go to bootcamp!  Promise.

I can do this.  I'll start working out today.  I'm going to have to start waking up way early to go on runs.  But I can do this, I know I can do this.  I know I can.  So why am I still trying to figure out if it's real?  Maybe because I know it won't be real until I get there.

If able to please go Mrs. Good Night Moon, she's my favorite Marine Corps wife.  I go to her page almost everyday just to see whats going on.  Also if you want to understand the life of a Future Sailor turned Sailor please go to Ms. Sailor Taylors' page.  I promise you'll get your laughs in!

No comments:

Post a Comment