20100720

MEPS

So this Sunday I began the journey to start my new life.  My new adventures.

On Sunday me and a couple of others form Vegas, let's just give them names so you know who I'm talking about.  One is Hottie (there were lots of hotties in the van but this one was defiantly hotter then the rest), trouble maker(second time enlisting), tester( first time he took the ASVAB), trusting( she hands out trust easily), talker( doesn't exactly be quiet but does have those moments), Boats( Nick name given to him by his friends in the Navy, had to reenlist even though he's in the Reserves), and the recruiter.  Now all I need is to tell you about the trip and the experience of MEPS. Oh I forgot one, Ms. Keeps to herself.

So on Sunday we're leaving the main office and we have to go get Ms. Keeps to herself at another location because she forgot one of the papers that she needed to bring along.  So after that we start our five hour drive to  San Diego in which Talker, Trusting and I became good friends, and Boats taught us how to count cards.  It's not illegal it's just frowned upon.  We talked about a variety of different things like ex boyfriends, trust issues, caring for yourself first and so on and so forth.  We also played a really long game in which you say every word you can think of that starts with the same letter and if you don't have one you start with the next letter.  Let me just tell you Recruiter is awesome at that game!

We got to the Hotel, and I hang out with Talker, and Trusting in there room for a bit.  Before my best friend calls me and tells me she'll come in the next hour or so. So Boats, Talker, trusting and I go to Chilis  and eat a little dinner.  And then we come back and my best friend, Nicole and her boy friend, the marine, pick me upat the hotel.  I watch them eat at pick up stix, and I get a fortune cookie that basically says something good will happen in three months!  Hopefully it's Boot Camp!  But after that we go and see down town San Diego.  And let me tell you, It's gorgeous and the padres stadium is huge.  We went over the Coronado Bridge and I fell in love.  Just the height and the water below me, I thought I could fly.  I thought everything would be okay.

But enough about the night before, let me tell you about MEPS itself, first of all, lots of Marines, Army, and future coast guards left for Boot Camp yesterday.  Second of all don't wear jeans with holes, and if you do make sure you have extra pants, and a jacket too. Third of all never lie!  and that is a must.  You'll have your vision, hearing, urine, and blood tested.  urine's the most difficult.  They watch you.  it's a lot of sitting and waiting.  I couldn't pick my job because i didn't have my medical records about the surgery I had when i was younger so i'll get that by the end of this week or next.  Right now this is all I have to say because I'm tired of using my aunts computer and mine isn't working.

So I'll update you once again about MEPS when either my computer decides to work, or i have another keyboard to use.

2 comments:

  1. Well good thing you have the physical out of the way. I didn't think meps was that bad the first time I went....but the 2nd time man oh man....well I hope you have a better expierence than me.

    HOOYAH, your 1 step closer!

    (this is chris by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I would love to hear more about your adventures! MEPS was an all day event for me and relating to what others have to say about their military experiences is quite interesting to me. Hopefully your computer will start working again very soon!

    ~Sailor Taylor

    ReplyDelete